Saturday, November 23, 2013

School Rules

Here is the School Code for a preparatory school in London:


• I will remember to walk fast and not to run
• I will treat others as I would like to be treated
• If I have any worries I will talk to an adult I trust
• I will remember that giving and sharing are the best feelings in the world
• I will try not to let others feel lonely
• I will strive for a healthy body and a healthy mind
• I will remember to recycle, reduce and reuse
• I will say nothing that will be hurtful to others
• I will respect others and their possessions
• I will try to do something creative everyday
• I will remember how lucky I am and do my best at everything
• I will try to always be fair and honest and seek to forgive



Who could possibly quarrel with that? I would say that people of any age who try to abide by these "rules" can't go far wrong. My only worry is this: can a code of conduct long survive when it is not enshrined in some sort of religious belief? I don't pretend to know the answer to that question.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:01 pm

    You've got it right.
    This is an unusually long list of rules for a primary school and schould be condensed down to about 5.
    Individual Years would increase on that original list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:44 am

    Oh I think I saw this one somewhere during my searches but am not absolutely certain. Which school was that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:01 pm

    oh yes! How nice! It's completely utopic but I love it! I'll have Vianney learn it by heart before he starts there. "I will remember that giving and sharing are the best feelings in the world": no kid in his or her right mind would agree to that, though.

    ReplyDelete

A Few Late Chrysanthedads

No one person's experience of dementia is quite the same as another's, but the account given below, within the confines of a shortis...