Friday, November 22, 2013

The Messenger

I switched on the radio and listened as the usual litany of massacres, natural disasters, murder, rape, corruption in high places, poverty and famine washed over me. After a while, I couldn't stand it any more and was just about to kick the radio across the floor in anger and frustration when I was brought up short by a thought. Just a minute, I said to myself, it's no good taking it out on the radio, it's only the messenger. What I need to do is track down the real culprits and that's exactly what I'm going to do. I'm going to travel up to Paris and then London by the next available train, walk straight round to Radio France and the BBC, seek out the offending reporters and knock their face in. That will teach them a lesson they're not likely to forget in a hurry.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:02 pm

    But it's not all disaster.
    Sometimes quite funny in its way.

    What's all this I only half heard about some lady weather reporter on one of your television channels who swore a swear to do a forecast minus clothes if France should win in last weekend's rugby ...................as, apparently, they did?
    That's one way to boost the ratings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:04 am

    Wonderful idea! Looking forward to reading how it all worked out!

    Love,
    The Dubai Daughter

    ReplyDelete

A Few Late Chrysanthedads

No one person's experience of dementia is quite the same as another's, but the account given below, within the confines of a shortis...