Thursday, November 15, 2012

My Grandmother's Diary

Well, here we are in the year 1954, or do I mean 2012? That's the thing about transcribing a diary: from time to time you forget where you are and even who you are! In 1954 Gran's generation all still answered the roll call, though with varying degrees of enthusiasm. The next generation down - my mother's generation - was all present, and the following generation, with the birth of Paul in November 1953, was by now complete. The new year would see the start of an even younger generation.

Sixty years on, my own generation, with one exception, soldiers bravely on. After that I'm afraid it gets a bit out of hand...!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Few Late Chrysanthedads

No one person's experience of dementia is quite the same as another's, but the account given below, within the confines of a shortis...