Thursday, June 13, 2013

Chores Revisited

I was about to write a short entry about chores and why I get less of a kick out of them than before, but before posting it I thought I had better just check that I hadn't written something in a similar vein before. Just as well I did, for here is what I found:



Tuesday, May 01, 2012

News from Choreland

Chores are chores, of course. There's no gainsaying that. But there was always some satisfaction to be gained from completing a chore. I say was because I have recently noticed that I have no sooner finished a chore than I have forgotten that I ever did it, thereby rendering a chore more of a chore than ever. It is as though I am completely divorced from the chore I have so nobly accomplished - a stranger on the chore.

A poor look-out indeed.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:21 am

    Which, sadly, all goes to prove that chores are never completed.
    Have you tried writing a list? Not to aid your faltering memory, but if you include such items as "write a list" it gives a lot of pleasure in being able to cross them off.
    As you get towards the end of Gran's diaries you will see that her chores/entries are sadly almost entirely of this nature. Though I don't think it quite cuts the mustard to say "milkman came".

    Meanwhile, expect many more chores for tomorrow. Or hole yourself up in some anchorite cavern.

    ReplyDelete

A Few Late Chrysanthedads

No one person's experience of dementia is quite the same as another's, but the account given below, within the confines of a shortis...