Monday, March 03, 2014

Ken Dodd


Ken Dodd may not be everyone's cup of tea as a comedian. Growing up in England in the 1960s, I personally much preferred the sophisticated satire of Peter Cook and others. It's just that with the passage of time I have come to see that Ken is a national treasure and I hope we won't have to wait until he's dead and buried before recognising him as a genius.

Not, of course, on the strength of this song, though we tend to forget what a very pleasant voice he had, in addition to his talents as a comedian.

http://www.themusichutch.com/listen-song/ken-dodd-think-of-me-wherever-you-are/14487/

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:23 pm

    Fear not - I have apparently married into the larger part of his fan club: i.e. the population of Liverpool. I think they have always seen him for the genius he is, though the teeth haven't helped. On the other hand, they are endearing.

    ReplyDelete

A Few Late Chrysanthedads

No one person's experience of dementia is quite the same as another's, but the account given below, within the confines of a shortis...