Saturday, July 12, 2014

This Will Make You Stand Up


Although it was not completely news to me, indeed I think I devoted a post to it a long time ago, this introduction to an article by David Pogue brought me up with a jolt:


Have you heard the latest bad news? Sitting is the new smoking.

According to one study, every workday you spend sitting costs you 2.5 hours off your lifespan. Sit six hours a day, and you’ll die 4.8 years sooner. It’s true even if you exercise regularly; this article explains why.

Sitting also makes you fat, reduces bone density, contributes to heart disease, and makes you less productive. Great.


As you can imagine, I am writing this post standing up. And I'm absolutely exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Few Late Chrysanthedads

No one person's experience of dementia is quite the same as another's, but the account given below, within the confines of a shortis...