Monday, September 01, 2014

Hello Google

Hello Google, I said, what's the weather like today in Aubigny-en-Plaine?

In Aubigny-en-Plaine, Barnaby, it's going to be a bright, bright, bright sunshiny day.

Thank you. Hello Google, here is one of my favourite questions: How old is Barrack Obama?

Barrack Obama is 53 years old.

Hello Google. How many men does the Grand Old Duke of York, like, have?

The Grand Old Duke of York has like ten thousand men.

Hello Google, how long does it take to go through the desert on a horse with no name?

It takes three days and two nights.

Hello Google, breakfast included?

Breakfast included, Barnaby.

Hello Google. Mix me a gin and tonic please, there's a good chap.

Sorry, I only answer questions. I don't take orders. May I suggest that you book a passage on the Quantum of the Seas, direct your steps to the robot bar, and ask an attendant to fix you a drink. But you know that already. You devoted a post on your blog to this very bar.

Hello Google. Do you mean to say you read my blog?

Read it? I write it.

5 comments:

  1. You've got to get out more Barnaby,
    Cx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got to get out more what, Caroline?
    Bx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:51 am

    The sort of subliminal blogging that warms the cockles - and fall off my chair with unexpected laughter. Like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mrs M.9:51 pm

    Très drôle !

    ReplyDelete

A Few Late Chrysanthedads

No one person's experience of dementia is quite the same as another's, but the account given below, within the confines of a shortis...