Sunday, November 30, 2014

ICat: A Progress Report

It is now six months since I elected residence in the house formerly belonging to His Lordship and My Lady. It can't have been easy for them to adjust to their reduced circumstances and I have been at pains to treat them with the utmost courtesy at all times. His Lordship (as I  continue to call him) is proving an excellent valet while My Lady, though of foreign extract, has pleasantly surprised me with her prowess in the  kitchen.

While I am in no particular hurry to see them go, I have of course made it clear that I cannot be expected to keep them here for ever whilst intimating that they can count on the highest reference from me as they seek gainful employ elsewhere. But I can't help wondering who on earth would want to hire them at their advanced age.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Few Late Chrysanthedads

No one person's experience of dementia is quite the same as another's, but the account given below, within the confines of a shortis...