Friday, April 24, 2015


John 14:2King James Version (KJV)

"In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you."

But how can this be so? How can a house be full of mansions? It just doesn't add up. 
Incidentally, not many people know the quotation in full: In my Father's house are many mansions and quite a few portable WiFi hotspots.

Another thing that has upset me recently is the realisation, rather late in the day, that the following:

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for our sinners now, and at the hour of our death.
should actually read:
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now, and at the hour of our death.

An entirely different kettle of fish, a whole new ballgame.

6 comments:

  1. Greetings Barnaby

    Obviously asleep during RE - twice nine?!




    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Were you a member of the twice nine club, Jerry? My maximum was twelve!

      Delete
  2. My max was I think only 3 or 4 Barnaby. Still it's all off limits these days which seems positive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:13 pm

    Oh come on - in my convent it was 'US SINNERS'. The diction at your skule must have been terrible ..............
    But good to know you were praying for all the other sinners too.

    A friend's very small sister used to pray "Out Father who art in Heaven, Harold be thy name" which seemed fair enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, but what about the mansions?

      Delete
    2. Anonymous11:13 am

      As far as I gave much thought to anything at all I think I confused this with the Mansion Polish with which we, the slave labour, had to do our housework. I've never heard of another school where the pupils did the housework, and looking back it most likely wasn't in order to cut down on expenses but to prepare us to be good Catholic wives. Or 'Good Kartholic Gels' as the very oldest nun had it.

      "If it were not so I would have told you" just sounded like what all adults said to us - not to be questioned but just get on with it and shut up. So I did.

      Delete

A Few Late Chrysanthedads

No one person's experience of dementia is quite the same as another's, but the account given below, within the confines of a shortis...