Friday, October 09, 2015

"All the World's a Stage...

... and all the men and women merely players"

In this extended metaphor, I tried to set out my view of the different ages of man. It has excited a certain amount of traction in the social media, for which I am most grateful, However, although it carefully charts the way we change as we go through life, I think that the conceit falls short as a description of MY life.

A better analogy would be that of a film or a book which is shown or written exclusively from my point of view. There are other characters, of course, ranging from co-stars to walk-on parts, but it is hard to believe that there is anything going on in their mind when they are not speaking to me. One wonders how they manage to fill the times in between.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Few Late Chrysanthedads

No one person's experience of dementia is quite the same as another's, but the account given below, within the confines of a shortis...