Friday, July 24, 2009

What is the Difference between Music and Literature?

The answer to that question would take more time than I have at my disposal. Also more of another commodity that I have in short supply! But one difference is that, whereas one is often drawn to listen to the same piece of music several times, it would be strange to read the same novel time after time. A poem perhaps, but surely not even the greatest works by Shakespeare or Dickens? And what about films and plays? I must confess I have never understood people who spend a large part of their lives comparing different productions of Hamlet - unless of course they're professional critics. That, like American Express, is different!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Few Late Chrysanthedads

No one person's experience of dementia is quite the same as another's, but the account given below, within the confines of a shortis...