Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Holiday Reading (II)

Many thanks for your suggestions re holiday reading. In the first instance, I shall look out for the titles you mention at our local bookswap which features a selection of books which many a local library would be proud of. Failing that, and assuming there is an "electronic" version of the book in question, I will download the first chapter free of charge onto my iPad. If I like what I see, I suppose there's nothing for it but to buy the wretched thing!

It has also been put to me that I might like to read though my blog from the very beginning. The suggestion, though kindly meant (I think), is based on a misconception of the creative process. You see, the act of creation is an extraordinarily tiring and painful process, not unlike giving birth, which no doubt explains why we creative artists have no wish to revisit the scene of our travails. What's done is done, to borrow the title of one of Shakespeare's plays.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Few Late Chrysanthedads

No one person's experience of dementia is quite the same as another's, but the account given below, within the confines of a shortis...