Tuesday, June 21, 2011

It Comes to Us All

In an entry in her diary for April 1950, my grandmother was "disappointed" when she went to see a Marx brother film at the age of 74, whereas two of her daughters (Pippa and my mother) "liked it very much" the following week.

Many years later Mose used to drive me to distraction when we went to the cinema together. "Is he a goody or a baddy?" she would ask, digging me sharply in the ribs with her elbow.

Much more recently, I went with my son to see one of the Matrix films in the year of the heatwave (2003). He was a great fan of these films and I remember how annoyed he was when I drifted off to sleep in the middle!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Few Late Chrysanthedads

No one person's experience of dementia is quite the same as another's, but the account given below, within the confines of a shortis...