Thursday, December 01, 2011

Toulouse

For the second time in under two months I dreamt last night of Toulouse. I know there is nothing as boring asother people's dreams or nightmares, but this happens to be my dream which is quite different. Why should I once again find myself on a horrifying quest to find my way through the labyrinth of Toulouse University, a place I have never even visited?

Are there dream analysts, do you think, in the same way as there are dream teams? If so, I would only be interested in a senior analyst, the kind whose opinion is sought on economic and financial matters. I notice the media never ask junior analysts for their opinion, surely equally useless. I can't help wondering what fee analysts command and how much time is spent in negotiations with the media before they are prepared to vouchsafe their utterances, e.g. "the euro zone is in deep trouble". More weight should be attached to the opinions of strategists, in particular global strategists or strategic globalists, but of course their fees are commensurate with their status.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Few Late Chrysanthedads

No one person's experience of dementia is quite the same as another's, but the account given below, within the confines of a shortis...