Saturday, December 03, 2011

Whatever Next?

Here's a very clever advertisement for a new Peugeot car. I have selected the itinerary from the Arc de Triomphe to the Place de la Concorde (no imagination!) but you can choose any trip you like provided it's covered by Google's Streetview.

http://rczview.com/v/NjU5OA==

***

It didn't take me long to crack the code guaranteeing fast track admission to the British Secret Service. (Spoiler alert: the keyword is PHILBY.) But what's the point of applying? They're unlikely to recruit me at my advanced age even though my father single-handedly laid the foundations of the modern intelligence services. Besides, as a Roman Catholic I would be viewed with suspicion by the powers-that-be. In the last analysis, would my allegiance lie with the Pope or the Queen, with the Vatican or London?

3 comments:

  1. EastAnglian11:26 am

    Regarding the car, I can only think that yet again as with so many advertisements I have somehow missed the point! It just looks to me that it is probably advertising the superior bodybuild of the car, perhaps it's like a Sherman tank, and that the 'journey' is demonstrating how it mows down all else in its path. How otherwise to explain the speeding up over pedestrian crossings as well as the lack of traffic by the end of the shot?
    I think this must be a boy thing, not meant for the likes of me .....

    ReplyDelete
  2. EastAnglian1:35 pm

    Regarding your possible application to join the British Secret Service - they'd be fools to reject you, Mr. Dunn! And as for being 'older', well what was all that about wise heads?

    Your allegiance, if they did but know you, is far more likely to be to the local fish and chip shop ....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I soon got fed up with the car thing too! It seemed a good idea at the time...
    Speaking of the F&C shop, I hope it's open on Tuesdays, Wednesday and Thursdays (midday and evening)!

    ReplyDelete

A Few Late Chrysanthedads

No one person's experience of dementia is quite the same as another's, but the account given below, within the confines of a shortis...