Sunday, February 12, 2012

Where Am I?

Sometimes when I wake up in the middle of the night it takes me a while to remember where I am, and even on occasion who I am. Am I at home in Aubigny. I can hear pigeons but pigeons are the most international of birds so that doesn't prove much. I'm not in the Jura because there are no cowbells to be heard. Am I in Paris? Or Widdington? Hard to tell. It's certainly quiet enough. Or am I in Dubai? In a short time I know the answer to that question as them mullahs issue their dawn call to prayer. It's difficult to get the gist of their message but it sounds as though they are haranguing us, as well they might. I don't know whether their text is pre-recorded, but it's certainly amplified.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Few Late Chrysanthedads

No one person's experience of dementia is quite the same as another's, but the account given below, within the confines of a shortis...