Thursday, April 19, 2012

The Unedited Mr Dunn

In my previous incarnation as a translator, I had to be my own editor. I'm not sure I did it very well but I had neither the time nor the means to have my work checked by someone else.

This blog, too, is unedited. I don't mean that I don't read through it for spelling mistakes or, as I like to call them, misprints, etc. (although I don't always). No, I mean that I'm not very good at weeding out particularly childish, silly or heavy-handed material. As a matter of fact, I used to delete particularly pathetic posts so that only those very quick off the mark ever got to see them.

But nowadays I take the view of "What the hell?". Most of those who make their way to this blog have a pretty good idea of what they're likely to find, if I may put it that way. Thanks once again to all of you. Although some bloggers maintain that they write solely for themselves, that is most certainly not my case. i would be lost without you.

3 comments:

  1. Keep them coming Barnaby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:27 am

    Write on, Papa!!
    Love,
    L

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could this be the beginnings of a fan club?

    ReplyDelete

A Few Late Chrysanthedads

No one person's experience of dementia is quite the same as another's, but the account given below, within the confines of a shortis...