Saturday, August 13, 2016

Perfect Recall

My memory is not whatever it used to be but I can still occasionally catch out my children. The other day we were talking about our favourite films and my daughter mentioned This Property is Condemned, saying it was directed by Elia Kazan. I was astounded. Both my daughters are reputed to
have minds like steel traps ® or is it a safe pair of hands ™? Whichever.

Anyway, I pounced. No, I told her, it was directed by Sydney Poldark, the man who went on to make Mrs Doubtfire and Out of Paprika.

That shut her up in a hurry. Mind you, it's very easy to get names mixed up and I plead guilty to confusing Reese Wetherspoons and Renée Zellweger. Wasn't Renée the one who starred with Cary Grant in Bridget Jones: The Hedge of Treason? In which case Reese would have featured in Legal Eye Cherry. And then there's Katy Perry and Tyler Swift. These two are virtually indistinguishable but I think Taylor is the one currently stepping out with heartthrob and sales manager Tom Huddleston?

2 comments:

  1. Well I think that's quite a low blow, shaming me like this publicly! To set the record straight though, I feel no shame for my mistake as I am no movie expert and I was certainly not trying to showcase my knowledge during that particular conversation. It was an honest mistake and I was glad you corrected me in such a subdued and modest way!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what they all say - "I'm no movie expert" - when they get caught out!
    Incidentally, how did you get to hear of James Salter? XXXXX

    ReplyDelete

A Few Late Chrysanthedads

No one person's experience of dementia is quite the same as another's, but the account given below, within the confines of a shortis...