Monday, February 20, 2017

Behind the Scenes at Blogger

One of the most dispiriting things in the life of this particular blogger is to switch over to the "engine-room" of The Subliminal Mr Dunn in search of "activity" among "the community". Here, I am vouchsafed access to information denied to all but the blogger himself. I can, for example, consult information about my Posts, Statistics, something mysteriously referred to as Earnings, and Comments. In the Comments section, I scroll (as in the Dead Sea) down till I get to Awaiting Moderation. This is an option that allows me to have the last word in deciding which comments will appear after each post. As you can readily imagine, I could easily inflate the number of comments by removing this restriction, but I have decided not to go down that slippery path. 

Anyway, I click on Awaiting Moderation and what do I see day after day after day? There are no pending comments

It's enough to make you want to go outside and shoot someone.

4 comments:

  1. If you turn off moderation, your blog will almost certainly become an e-marketplace for misspelled pharmaceuticals. And I don't mean aSp!rin. Sunglasses too, or at least there were sunglasses when I tried turning off moderation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get quite enough pharmaceuticals via email, thank you very much Michael - with or without moderation!
    Interesting to see the two completely different meanings of the word "moderation".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you haven't shot anyone yet! Xx

    ReplyDelete

A Few Late Chrysanthedads

No one person's experience of dementia is quite the same as another's, but the account given below, within the confines of a shortis...