Wednesday, August 05, 2020

Baby, We're All Civilised Now


In my usual frivolous way, I was about to write something harmless about a dream I had recently. I abandoned the idea not so much because I know that dreams are not of the slightest interest to anyone except the dreamer himself and possibly his therapist (for a fee), as because I came across two documentaries on the BBC and a long article on the BBC website that stopped me in my tracks.

The first documentary was about the disastrous Iraq War which, to my undying shame, I was blinkered enough to support at the time. How could I have been so criminally and unpardonably stupid?

The second one described the Rupert Murdoch dynasty. The harm this obnoxious man has done to political and social life in Britain, the USA and beyond is truly incalculable.

The last and most horrendous of all was this horrifying account of what's happening to the Uighurs in China.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Few Late Chrysanthedads

No one person's experience of dementia is quite the same as another's, but the account given below, within the confines of a shortis...