Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Where Eagles Dare to Tread

 

How do you do, ladies and gentlemen.
 My castaway this week is the well-known blogger and all round dogsbody, Barnaby Capel-Dunn. 

Barnaby, you are probably best known, if at all, for The Subliminal Mr Dunn which down the years has become a byword of quality of sorts.

Barnaby, you are allowed to take one luxury with you, in addition to the Holy Bible and the Complete Works of Shakespeare, to accompany you on your desert island.
Roy, do I really have to choose either of these books? As a Catholic, I can hardly be expected to take an interest in the Old Testament, can I? As for Shakespeare, after having him shoved down my throat at school, I really don't want to start all over again. On the other hand, I am loth to cause any bother, so I'll go along with the Bible and Shakespeare so long as you promise not to fob me off with th e-book format as the BBC is too often wont to do these days. 

4 comments:

A Few Late Chrysanthedads

No one person's experience of dementia is quite the same as another's, but the account given below, within the confines of a shortis...