Sunday, April 24, 2022

The Subliminal Mr Dunn Decides To Improve Himself

  It's never too late to get to grips with philosophy, although where I come from it never figured prominently in the school or university agenda. The nearest we got to it in my time was something called Political Thought. Anyway, I thought it was time to tackle the heavy stuff, i.e. the philosophers themselves, and I chose a French book called Les Philosophes Expliquent Pourquoi, kindly given to me by Rénald.
I started off with Schopenhauer, Kant and Nieztsche but gradually found myself taking a greater interest in their lives than their thoughts, just as I have always been more drawn to the history of art than to art itself. In other words my trivial turn of mind has always steered clear of the heavy lifting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Few Late Chrysanthedads

No one person's experience of dementia is quite the same as another's, but the account given below, within the confines of a shortis...