Thursday, October 24, 2013

Tanker


I sometimes think I am living on board a giant tanker, with masses of room on the deck for "working out" and plenty of conferences and lectures for keeping the mind active and alert. From time to time, I retreat to my cabin where I catch up with my emails and keep abreast of events in the world. I even lend a hand in menial, day-to-day tasks such as polishing the ship's brass. In short, my life on board is a constant whirl of purposeful activities as I stride the length and breadth of the vessel. Much agitation, much striving, and all the while the tanker ploughs on inexorably towards Niagara Falls.




No comments:

Post a Comment

A Few Late Chrysanthedads

No one person's experience of dementia is quite the same as another's, but the account given below, within the confines of a shortis...