Monday, April 21, 2014

Shampoos


I surveyed the array of shampoos laid out before my very eyes: Kyriad, Corinthian Hotels, Monopol Hotel (St Moritz), Marriott Hotels, Sheraton Hotels, Meridien Beach Hotel. Which was it to be? It was not an easy choice to make. I had often had occasion to remark on the exqusite courtesy extended to me not only by the manager but also the entire staff of the Kyriad group and coud not help but admire the care and attention to detail they had "showered" upon their shampoos. But were they right for me? The Monopol Hotel in St Moritz, the starting point of a much touted trip on board the ineptly named Glacier Express, also had claims on my attention. Just because the "Express" itself could barely muster a measly 60 km per hour and was regularly outshone by the cows in their alpine meadows, and just because there was barely a glacier to be seen, this was no valid reason to decry the many charms of the hotel, in particular its shampoos.  I also liked their courtesy slippers, now given pride of place in my wardrobe.

I can't recall setting foot inside a Corinthian, Marriot or Sheraton hotel so I must have obtained their estimable shampoos by devious means. But I was certainly either a Preferred or a Priviliged Guest at the Meridien Beach Hotel in Monte Carlo. I know that for a fact because there was a complimentary bottle of wine waiting for me when I arrived in my room. Curiously enough, there was no bath, only a shower, but I am told that this is often the way in swish hotels nowadays. There was a commanding view of the Mediterranean Sea and the shampoo itself was what you would expect from a hotel of this standing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Few Late Chrysanthedads

No one person's experience of dementia is quite the same as another's, but the account given below, within the confines of a shortis...