Tuesday, September 09, 2014

Mission Accomplished

Hi, I'm iCat and this is how I work:

I made my first move back in the winter. One day I was sunbathing on the window sill of the garage next to Great House. Master came out of the house and carefully approached. He looked inoffensive so I let him stroke me.

After an interval of several weeks, I decided to try my luck inside the garage, curling up on a cushion also used, weather permitting, as extra padding for a deck chair. Again Master took this very well and even seemed pleased to see me.

As winter turned to spring, I took to hanging out in the immediate vicinity of Great House and gradually began to make casual and fleeting forays indoors. The lady of the House was marginally less pleased to see me but did not actually tell me to get out.

My visits became longer and more frequent. I noted that neither Master nor Lady liked the idea of my presence at meal times, and that endeavouring to sharpen my claws on them was not a good idea. Other than that, I was free to go more or or less where I pleased.

I wanted to show them that I was quite prepared to spend the night in the house as well. To this end I started to sleep on the doormat. They soon got the message.

Regrets? I have a few, but then again, too few to mention.
Plans? My next step is to suggest that Master and Lady sleep on the doormat, before moving to their new permanent quarters in the garage.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:13 am

    Hello iCat
    Please let us know when you succeed in your stated aim of training Master and Lady to sleep on the doormat.
    Yrs. in need of this information
    Che of Braintree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks as if push will have to come to shove...

    ReplyDelete

A Few Late Chrysanthedads

No one person's experience of dementia is quite the same as another's, but the account given below, within the confines of a shortis...