Thursday, December 04, 2014

Afternoon Theatre


You have been listening to


Biggles and the White Fokker

by

Captain W.C. Johns

The cast in order of apparition

James Bigglesworth - Richard Wattis
Algernon "Algy" Lacey - Sir Cedric Hardwicke
Ginger Hebblethwaite - James Clitheroe
Psyche the dog - Psyche
Captain Hugh "Bulldog" Drummond - Arthur Mullard
Erich von Stalhein - Derren Nesbitt
Flight Officer Joan Worralson - Laura Carmichael
Mrs Patmore - Leslie Nicol
The Bishop of Lichfield - Samuel E. Johnson

Other parts played by members of the Colchester Repertory Company
Incidental music composed and conducted by Muir Matheson. Performed by the Sinfonia of London and sung by the Mormon Tanerbacle Choir.

This has been a Mirisch Corporation production for the BBC.

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:14 pm

    I have noticed a vulgar element creeping into your blog of late. Please cut it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I shall do my best to clean up my act.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:09 am

    I'm glad to hear it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you're glad to hear it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:40 am

    Can you distinguish between the many Anonymous contributors to your Blog? Because the above aint from East Anglia.

    So heart warming to see Psyche making another appearance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I write them myself, truth be told! It gives the illusion of activity on the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous12:33 pm

    I suppose I might have guessed ...................
    I did enjoy the post, anyway. Reminds me of cold winter days at Ringshall hunched over Mose's radio in the kitchen.

    Where's the Major these days, hmmm?

    ReplyDelete

A Few Late Chrysanthedads

No one person's experience of dementia is quite the same as another's, but the account given below, within the confines of a shortis...