Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Cocktail Boy

The festivities surrounding my father-in-law’s 90th birthday brought home to me once again how much I am an apĂ©ritif sort of person. That is, I shine quite brightly for an hour or so. “Scintillating” and “sensational” are words that have been used to describe my conversation over this period, although I could not possibly comment myself.

Unfortunately, when the time comes to sit down for the meal itself, I have just about shot my bolt. As the meal wears goes on, I become more and more exhausted even as my father-in-law, vampire-like, gains in vivacity.


I think it must be this characteristic that explains not only why I would never be a success in the diplomatic service but also why these blog posts are so short.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Few Late Chrysanthedads

No one person's experience of dementia is quite the same as another's, but the account given below, within the confines of a shortis...