Thursday, October 08, 2015

How Long Have I Got to Live?

The obvious answer to that question, as many have been at pains to point out to me, is that I don't HAVE to live any longer at all.
But assuming that I want to, there is a very interesting tool developed by professors at the University of Pennsylvania that will tell me more than I probably want to know.
The tool "factors in", as we statisticians like to say, such variables as race, age and physique, life events, fitness and lifestyle. Unfortunately, the tool frequently crashes (it is a beta application), thereby raising my stress level to unprecedented heights. Nevertheless the main thrust of the report thoughtfully emailed back to me was crystal clear. I have been dead for the last 20 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Few Late Chrysanthedads

No one person's experience of dementia is quite the same as another's, but the account given below, within the confines of a shortis...