Thursday, April 07, 2011

Behind the Scenes at the Dunn Household

As I'm catching the train early tomorrow morning, I thought it would be a good idea to shave this evening, on the basis of one less chore to perform in the morning. It's been a fine day and the sun was still shining when I started to shave, affording a close-up view of my beard such as I do not usually enjoy. I was a little surprised to see how stubborn my stubble was, but also a little disturbed for I couldn't help wondering whether, on most other occasions in the more forgiving light of the bathroom, I was not giving my beard short shrift and sending it and me out unkempt into the world. This would certainly explain some of the peculiar looks I was attracting in the street. Or was it perhaps that my razor, an electric model by the reputed house of Philips, was beginning to show signs of wear and tear? In the event, there was another explanation: I had forgotten to remove the cover
which I had thoughtfully attached to protect the blades during my train journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Few Late Chrysanthedads

No one person's experience of dementia is quite the same as another's, but the account given below, within the confines of a shortis...