Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Scranton, Pennsylvania

I have installed a little app (as we geeks call it) which gives me a very rough idea of where my readers come from. I don't set too much store by it but it would be really nice if it turns out that one of them really does live in Scranton, Pennsylvania. If you don't know, this is where the American version of the TV series The Office is set. I have never seen the original British programme but the general view is that the American  version is, if not better, perhaps a little less edgy. If you have seen the series, do you have a particular favourite? I like them all but among the minor characters I have a soft spot for Kevin!
How about you?

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:11 am

    I haven't seen the British original, but truly think the American version is so damned excellent that frankly I don't really feel the need to try. It is quite "edgy", in my opinion. I think Steve Carell was born to be Michael Scott (I saw him in some big screen movies, and his "funny-ness" is not at all obvious in them.) Personally, Dwight is my absolute favorite after Michael, followed closely by Stanley. Reed, though very minor, is wonderfully weird, and good at giving you the creeps. I think it is the funniest TV series I have ever seen! I often laugh out loud just thinking about certain secenes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:12 am

    The good news is that perhaps Michael has been reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, that would certainly be a great honour. And it would be an honour for me as well.
    Incidentally, I thought his name was Creed, not Reed?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:12 am

    yes, Creed!!!

    ReplyDelete

A Few Late Chrysanthedads

No one person's experience of dementia is quite the same as another's, but the account given below, within the confines of a shortis...