Friday, May 13, 2011

More from The Book of Jokes

I am indebted to my virtual friend lesle for a link to a fascinating article in the New York Times which I somehow missed. The article includes this lovely joke:

“The Frenchman says: ‘I’m tired and thirsty. I must have wine.’ The German says: ‘I’m tired and thirsty. I must have beer.’ The Jew says: ‘I’m tired and thirsty. I must have diabetes.’ ”


Blogger has been "down" for the last couple of days and I'm afraid that lesle's original comment has been lost to posterity, but I have been able to track down the article to which he referred. Here is the reference:


http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/12/nyregion/bel-kaufman-at-100-still-a-teacher-and-a-jokester.html?_r=1&src=me&ref=nyregion


No comments:

Post a Comment

A Few Late Chrysanthedads

No one person's experience of dementia is quite the same as another's, but the account given below, within the confines of a shortis...