Friday, July 08, 2011

Primeval Screams

What's been going on recently? Not much really, although I watched quite a lot of Wimbledon this year, enjoying up to a point the primeval screams of the women players and the endless bouncing of the ball among the men. For me the sun went behind the clouds with the departure of Roger but there was still much to admire in the antics of Novak, Rafa and Andy.
I felt the BBC commentators were better than their French counterparts at Roland Garros but I didn't like the way, in the course of the semi-final match between Maria Sharapova and Sabine Lisicki, they referred repeatedly to "Maria" and "Lisicki". I think Sue "yeah" Barker should have done something about that. My memory may be playing me tricks but I'm sure that they (commentators) kept their mouth shut more in the days of Dan Maskell and Jack Kramer.

I wonder how much a ticket for the Centre Court costs. My daughter Julia and I had tickets for the Centre Court at Roland Garros for the second Monday (she paid!) for about 55 euros. A lot of money, of course, but still good value for a day's tennis.

2 comments:

A Few Late Chrysanthedads

No one person's experience of dementia is quite the same as another's, but the account given below, within the confines of a shortis...