Friday, October 21, 2011

When Dragons Dictate

Transcribing my grandmother's diaries can sometimes turn into something of a chore, so I thought it might be a good idea to use a "voice recognition" application, in this instance Dragon Dictate. Incidentally, shouldn't that be "Dragon Dictates"? Unless perhaps the dragon manager is in imperative mood: "Dragon - Dictate"?

Anyway this is how the dragon took down my recording of my grandmother's diary for 16th September 1950:


"Lovely morning when I start in the garden at a train to Waterloo station and I called the 1050 train to more men will make me at school story we reached molto at 430 standing out in the teeth of the Queen had tiered kids side and then and then went out on the palm for a few minutes but the wind was too much for me our rooms are very small and the lighting is there but to see you magnificent Mabel spoke to Enid and Eve on the telephone we had a very good supper."


A pretty fair rendering, I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Few Late Chrysanthedads

No one person's experience of dementia is quite the same as another's, but the account given below, within the confines of a shortis...