Monday, March 05, 2012

The Next Big Thing?

I sit outside in the early March sunshine and listen to the church clock sounding the hour across the fields.at Magny. I feel this might make an interesting point of departure for a blog entry but I know full well that by the time I have made the short journey from garden to "office", inspiration will have faded and been replaced by the usual nameless dread and funk.

Why is this? It is because there is a world of difference between the essentially painless and joyful moment when thoughts and ideas arrive unbidden and unannounced in your mind and the far more painful process of trying to give some sort of structure to these thoughts.

Is there any way to ease the process? For a time I thought that it would be less painful if I were to dictate my thoughts into a machine, just as a long time ago I believed that it would be so much simpler to type instead of write. The trouble is that, even if you could stand the sound of your own voice, this approach supposes that you have ALREADY put some order into your thoughts.

So I think the Next Big Thing could be a device or application which takes the thoughts from your mind and transcribes them directly into your word processor of choice. Of course you might want to teach the device to "filter" those thoughts...


No comments:

Post a Comment

A Few Late Chrysanthedads

No one person's experience of dementia is quite the same as another's, but the account given below, within the confines of a shortis...