Monday, April 16, 2012

Shoddy Workmanship at the Tate Modern

The Tate Modern is only 20 years old so there really is no excuse for the disrepair that is now everywhere in evidence.

In the photo below, you can see a crack preading alarmingly across the floor. I was as nonplussed and as distressed as all the other visitors, and did not hesitate to complain bitterly to the management. "If you do nothing", I said, "it will only get worse".


Admission to Tate Modern is free, but a fee may be charged for leaving.

4 comments:

  1. I hope you appreciate that someone has noticed your appropriate use of the word “nonplussed.”

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, thank you, Michael! And thank you for introducing me, via your blog, to the way in which "nonplussed" is often misused. I had no idea. And thank you, finally, for feigning not to notice my abject failure to re-read my own words: "preading", indeed...

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I did notice, I was not nonplussed. I wonder whether the misunderstanding of that word is a New World matter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know, Michael. I am as nonplussed as you are!

    ReplyDelete

A Few Late Chrysanthedads

No one person's experience of dementia is quite the same as another's, but the account given below, within the confines of a shortis...