Monday, April 16, 2012

An Avid Reader?

Here are some of the books I have been reading recently:

  • The Unabridged Journals of Sylvia Plath. I haven't made much progress in recent weeks, largely I fear, because she has reached a happy stage in her life and I can't bear to discover what misery lies in store for her. Kindle (iPad).
  • The Tiger's Wife by Téa Obreht. Have just started it. It looks excellent.
  • This Side of Paradise by F. Scott Fitzgerald. Downloaded as a PDF document. haven't got very far yet.
  • Arguably by Christopher Hitchens. Haven't started it yet. Kindle (iPad).
  • Fifty Shades of Grey by EL James. I have downloaded the first two chapters free of charge. If this is the No. 1 book on  the New York Times best-seller list, there is hope for us all.
  • Behind the Beautiful Forevers by Katherine Boo. Downloaded a free sample.
  • At Last by Edward St Aubyn. Downloaded a free sample. Looks rather heavy-going.
  • The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller. Downloaded a free sample.
I don't know when, if ever, I'll get round to finishing or even beginning these books. The thing is, they take second place to this blog which is, after all, my principal claim to fame.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Few Late Chrysanthedads

No one person's experience of dementia is quite the same as another's, but the account given below, within the confines of a shortis...