Friday, August 25, 2017

You wouldn't expect me to remember much if anything of the books I have read in the course of the last year, but you might at least hope I would remember some of the titles. Alas, no!

That doesn't stop me from looking forward to and enjoying the next one on the list; what looks like being a fascinating history of British beastly treatment of early convicts in Australia. This book, a very nice present  from my son Robin, explains the special  "needle" in test match  cricket.

As I write these words, my daughter is wending  her way south from Sedan to take up her new position as Head of Cabinet at the Prefecture in Auxerre!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:42 pm

    That book sounds truly horrible! What possessed Robin? I sent Julia a housewarming card and look forward to hearing how she gets on in her new post. Will she be wearing dazzling white gloves?

    ReplyDelete

A Few Late Chrysanthedads

No one person's experience of dementia is quite the same as another's, but the account given below, within the confines of a shortis...