Monday, May 25, 2020

And Then There Were None


I left my old school Beaumont College in 1962 or 1963, I really can't remember which, and not surprisingly the school itself closed down in 1967. I am now 75 and by my calculations this means that any survivors must be at least 70 today. When an "old boy" dies, one can usually rely on a family member or contemporary to inform the excellent Robert (or is it  Richard ?) Wilkinson to inform other survivors of the demise in the pages of the Beaumont Union Newsletter.


The trouble is, there are fewer contemporaries around to pass on the news. If, for example, I were to die for any reason, I should think it most unlikely that my passing would be publicised in the Newsletter. Indeed, the day will soon come when there will be nobody left to read or write the Newsletter. I suppose I can live or let die with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Few Late Chrysanthedads

No one person's experience of dementia is quite the same as another's, but the account given below, within the confines of a shortis...