Saturday, July 25, 2020

Where was I?


Where was I?
I've got a good idea for a blog entry, but just before I get started, I think the least I can do is ask my wife if there's anything she would like to drink. Sure enough, she would be partial to a cold coffee. Would she care for anything to eat? A Wasa perhaps? No thanks. But that got me thinking: would I like a Wasa myself? Well, now that I think about it, why not, even if it temporarily distracted me from my post. I was anxious not to scatter bread crumbs all over the place, so I stepped outside for a moment. My goodness, it's hot! I read somewhere that by 2050 or the end of the century, we will have lost 1% of the earth's inhabitable surface with consequences it scarcely bears thinking about.



Now where was I? I'll come back to me in a moment. In the meantime, it would be nice and soothing to listen to some music.Cat Stephens in one of his later iterations? Very nice and, if I may say so, very peaceful too.Unfortunately, it gets stuck in a groove after a while, so there's nothing for it but to get back to the task in hand - UNLESS, it comes to me all of a sudden, I watch the end of last night's Newsnight with Kirsty Walk. She's the less acerbic presenter who takes over from Emily Maitlis as we lead into the weekend. Back in a moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Few Late Chrysanthedads

No one person's experience of dementia is quite the same as another's, but the account given below, within the confines of a shortis...