Thursday, February 24, 2022

That Nice Mr Putin

Don't worry, there's no more where that came from. Instead, I go back to the time when I first had intimations of what the future held in store for me. In the two years before retirement, i.e. about 2008, I felt on good form and was seriously thinking of continuing to work for several years a a translator. Then, all of a sudden I started to find the work more and more difficult, and on several occasions actually had to abandon a contract in mid-flight, something I had never done before. Pretty soon, retirement couldn't come soon enough.

The next warning sign came when I had to give up my very onerous responsibilities as the point-man for writing and distributing the newsletter for the River Rats. After that, it becomes difficult to trace the sequence of events. I do remember it was in 2012, I think, that Anne and I spent a week with Smoc and Mike in TrĂ©gastel in Brittany. Shortly after that, Anne was struck down with cancer and the next year was a torrid time for her.In her usual extraordinary way, she had bounced back by the end of year. As far as I can judge, my dementia problems started in about 2015, and I think I must have been diagnosed at about this time.



No comments:

Post a Comment

A Few Late Chrysanthedads

No one person's experience of dementia is quite the same as another's, but the account given below, within the confines of a shortis...