Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Niceness of it All

As I grow older, I notice that people are starting to be nice to me once again in public.When I was a young boy shopkeepers and the like were always pretty pleasant with me and even schoolmasters did not go out of their way to be actively uncivil to me. But when I became first a teenager and then an adult, my presence began to induce dismay, disbelief and alarm in equal measure.
However that may be, I am no longer seen as a threat to others and am welcomed anew in the nation's shops, particularly the chemist's where I nowadays spend most of my time.Nice to see you; to see you - nice!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:35 pm

    Does this "niceness" take the form of your chemist taking you by the elbow to assist you over his doorstep, and does he then say "there you go, dear"?
    You're not yet THAT old, Mr. Dunn, and I would guess you should be worried ................

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, it's just that they must think I'm less likely than younger people to draw a gun on them and demand the drugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Or to put it another way: children's fangs have yet to grow whereas my fangs have been drawn!

    ReplyDelete

A Few Late Chrysanthedads

No one person's experience of dementia is quite the same as another's, but the account given below, within the confines of a shortis...