Thursday, September 07, 2017

What Makes a Good Video Clip?

The answer is not as simple as it may seem. A beautiful song, a beautiful singer, a beautiful production? What more could you ask? Quite a lot more, I think. For example, the singer may not be among your all-time favourites just as the music would not necessarily accompany you on your journey to a desert island A little of Joan Baez goes a long way with me and I have always found that all Mark Knopfler's songs sound exactly the same.

If this clip works for me, it is partly because we see and hear Joan Baez singing but we don't see and hear what she is singing, if that makes any sense to you. And of course her life corresponds to mine, chronologically I mean.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NGqbWGGC4U

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Few Late Chrysanthedads

No one person's experience of dementia is quite the same as another's, but the account given below, within the confines of a shortis...